I know that many of you will be aware that England Golf have now advised that play could be extended to three and four ball games with effect from 1 June and that competitions may be re-introduced. Whilst these are great steps forward, every club will have to work out how to implement these changes before they can be introduced whilst at the same time continuing to comply with all the other restrictions that remain in place.
St Audrys Management Committee is looking at these points as a matter of urgency, but for the time being, play remains restricted to two ball games of social golf. Tee times must be booked and are restricted to one game ahead. Please remove your name if you find that you can no longer fill the slot, even if withdrawal is very close to the booked time.
One change that we will introduce with effect from Monday 1st June is that members may play with a guest FROM 2PM ONWARDS subject to the following:.
• The member must play with their guest.
• The member must book a tee time and provide the guest’s name and telephone number on the booking sheet (track and trace).
• The member must pay the appropriate Green Fee via the online payment system.
• The member must ensure the guest is aware of the Stay Safe, Play Safe guidance
We are also planning to re-introduce the use of the club buggies with effect from Monday 8th June. Further information will follow, but the requirements will be that:
• A separate booking sheet must be completed once this is added to the members section of the website
• The buggy hire must be paid for via the online payment system
• To comply with social distancing, only one player may use the buggy during the round (unless the second golfer is from the same household)
• Each player will be responsible for cleaning the buggy before using it – wipes will be provided in each buggy for this purpose.
Please note that you do not have to login to PayPal, you can choose to pay by debit or credit card and click the PayPal Guest checkout option.
Social Distancing is still required at all times. I take this opportunity to remind members that:
• Every game must start at the first tee.
• The narrow path that leads from the car park to the course continues to be ‘One Way’.
• When playing 18 holes and crossing from the 9th green to the 10th tee, you may cross the road and use the path to the 10th tee. When you have completed your round, ALL PLAYERS MUST TURN RIGHT and use the tarmac path alongside the road in order to return to the car park.
• Each nine hole round should be paced at one hour 30 minutes (10 minutes per hole) and you must not invite a faster game through.
The clubhouse continues to be open from 8am to 6pm each day for access to the toilets only. The toilets are being cleaned daily but please leave them in the state that you would expect to find them. Wash your hands and use the sanitizer provided. Please do not use the locker rooms or go upstairs.